Code of Conduct
The Center for Student Services conducts all activities in accordance with the College's Mission, Human Resource Policies and adheres to the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator's Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals.
- MMC staff member cannot accept any gift worth more than $10 from a representative of a student loan provider. The Department of Education has defined "gift" as:
- Any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan or other item valued at more than a de minimus amount.
- "The term includes services, transportation, lodging, or meals, whether provided in kind, by purchase of a ticket, payment in advance, or by reimbursement.
- Staff can participate in meals, refreshments, and receptions in conjunction with professional association meetings, trainings, or conference events open to all attendees.
- Staff members shall not accept any remuneration or expense-reimbursement for serving as a member of a lender's advisory board. No staff members of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid serve as a member of a lender's advisory board.
- Staff may participate on advisory boards that are unrelated in any way to higher education loans.
- Marymount Manhattan College does not have a revenue-sharing arrangement with any student loan provider. These agreements are prohibited.
- Lender account representatives are not permitted to work within the Financial Aid Office or to pass themselves off as employees of the College.