COMMUTER ASSISTANT PROGRAM 2011-2012
What Is It?
The Commuter Assistant (CA) Program is an initiative designed to assist
first year and transfer commuter students adjusting to MMC. Selected
upper-class commuter students will provide guidance and support to
entering commuter students ensuring that incoming commuters have the
opportunity to meet each other, learn about MMC resources and
participate fully in the student life of MMC.
What Do CA's Do?
- Attend and Sponsor a Commuter Student Reception during New
- Participate in Welcome Week Activities for Commuters
- Provide 1 office hour per week for meetings with Commuter
- Plan 2 Commuter Student Events per Semester
- Participate in Getting Involved sessions during New Student
What Are CA Expectations?
- Assist and Plan Commuter-specific programming
- Represent MMC in a fair and responsible manner
- Be available, visible and accessible to Commuter Students
- Serve as a role model for Commuter Students
- Help Commuter Students develop a sense of community at MMC
- Work with Advisor on a monthly basis with updates
Benefits of Being a Commuter Student:
- It's FUN!
- A great way to be involved at MMC
- It provides an opportunity to get involved with
- Student Leadership Position
- Resume Builder