Telephone Features Information Sheet
Voicemail and other personal options:
- Initial Access from within Marymount:
To access the voicemail system from within the college dial 517 on the keypad of the phone or press the phonemail button on the keypad if you have that option. Enter your password when prompted. If you do not have your password, please contact x580 to have it reset.
Initial Access from outside Marymount:To access the voicemail system from outside of the college dial 212-517-0517 on any phone and follow the automated prompts.
- Once you have connected, you have options from within the system menu:
- You can listen to messages
- You can change your internal greetings, and external greetings
- You can reset your password
- Transferring: To transfer a call internally:
- Keep caller on the line. While the person is on the phone, press the transfer (XFER) button on the keypad
- Dial the 3 digit extension you will like to forward the call to
- Hang up the phone
- Call forwardingTo forward your extension to another extension when you will be away from your desk or out of the office :
- Pick up headset and when you hear the dial tone, dial #-9-1 on the keypad
- Dial the 3 digit extension you will be forwarding your call to and then hang up the phone. As soon as you enter in the extension and hang up the phone, your calls will start being forwarded immediately
To remove call forwarding when you return, pick up headset and when you hear the dial tone enter #-#-9-1 on the keypad of your phone. The call forwarding will be removed immediately.
- Conferencing: Setting up Conference Calls:
- Dial the first number of your conference call on the keypad of your phone
- As soon as you reach your party, have him or her stay on the line **Do not put your party on hold by pressing the HOLD button on your keypad, you need them to stay on the line**
- Dial the transfer (XFER) button on the keypad, once you hear the dial tone dial the next number for your conference call.
- As soon as you have your second party on the line, press the conference (CONF) button on your keypad. Once you press the conference button the display on your phone will state "Conference ( or CONF) 1-2-3"
- You can have up to 6 parties on a conference call including yourself. To continue to add more than two calls to your conference call repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have reached all of your parties. Then continue to step 4.
- Conference calls can be made using all internal or external parties or a combination of both.