Top Ten Tips for Academic Success
- Attend every class.
- If you are ill, contact the instructor to let them know and to find out the work you missed.
- Buy a planner and use it. Learning to manage time is one of the most important skills a student needs to master.
- Know what campus resources are available and use them. If you encounter some difficulty, seek help.
- Get involved and have fun. You can also learn a lot by getting involved in student organizations, volunteering and meeting people from a variety of different backgrounds. (Please see: Student Affairs)
- Get to know your professors. They post office hours take the opportunity to meet them. (Please see: Faculty and Staff Directory)
- Balance your class schedule. Try to find one class each semester that you know you'll enjoy and do well in.
- Balance social life and school work. If you are working more than 20 hours per week outside school, take the minimum credit to be full time.
- Get plenty of sleep, exercise and eat well.
- A positive attitude is the key to get you where you want to be!